DENVER, 6:07 p.m. — Representative Rosa DeLauro of New Haven addressed the Democratic National Convention today. One of a handful of House members to speak, DeLauro only had three paragraphs’ worth of time on the podium, but she made it count, challenging Senator John McCain on the issue of fair pay for women.

“The Supreme Court ended a woman’s right to challenge discrimination, and when Congress tried to change it, John McCain didn’t even bother to show up to vote,” she said. “Barack Obama was there. He voted yes. As president, he will continue saying yes to equality for women because he knows that women can’t afford more of the same falling wages and income.”

The full speech — all 130 words of it — after the jump.

I am Rosa DeLauro from the state of Connecticut.

Shelly in Utah wrote to Barack Obama to tell him about the discrimination she faced in the corporate world. Ten years ago, because of stories like hers, I introduced the Paycheck Fairness Act. Every year, the Republican Congress blocked our bill. But after 10 long years and a new Democratic Congress, we were successful. That doesn’t mean our work is done.

The Supreme Court ended a woman’s right to challenge discrimination, and when Congress tried to change it, John McCain didn’t even bother to show up to vote. Barack Obama was there. He voted yes. As president, he will continue saying yes to equality for women because he knows that women can’t afford more of the same falling wages and income.