Business strategist Michael Warren ’90 has been elected to the Yale Corporation as an alumni fellow, Vice President for Communications Eileen O’Connor told the News this week.

He beat out David Agard ’75, a lab scientist at the University of California, San Francisco, in the annual Alumni Fellow Election, which ran from April to May. Warren’s appointment adds one more businessmen to a board already dominated by CEOs and business executives.

University President Peter Salovey announced the results of the alumni vote during a recent reunion weekend, O’Connor said.. By July 1, Yale is scheduled to name two successor trustees to replace senior fellow Donna Dubinsky ’77 and Jeffrey Bewkes ’74.

After graduating from Oxford University as a Rhodes scholar, Warren — like many Yale graduates — worked at McKinsey & Company as a strategic consultant in the technology and financial institutions practices and as a fellow of the McKinsey Global Institute. In 2017, he became managing director of Albright Stonebridge group, a Washington, D.C.–based global business strategy firm he co-founded in 2009.

Beyond his private sector work, Warren is also an insider in Democratic politics. Under the administration of former president BIll Clinton LAW ’73, he served as executive director of the President’s Economic Council and special assistant for the chief of staff to the U.S. secretary of labor.

Under former president Barack Obama, Warren was a senior advisor for the Presidential Personnel Office, overseeing appointments to government economic agencies. A week after Hillary Rodham Clinton LAW ’73 launched her presidential campaign in 2015, Warren gave the campaign $2,700, the maximum individual contribution to a candidate per election, according to public records. He has also donated to the state-level Democratic Party organizations in Colorado, Virginia, Ohio, Iowa, Nevada and Wisconsin, as well as several Democratic congressional candidates.

Warren is a member of Yale’s University Council and serves on the President’s Council on International Activities and the School of Management’s board of advisors.

HAILEY FUCHS