The sports desk of the Yale Daily News is thrilled to welcome in the New Year with the release of a new multimedia platform: Down the Field, the News’ first-ever sports blog. Down the Field was created in 2017 in the hopes of expanding the breadth, depth and frequency of the News’ sports content.

The name of the blog is a reference to both a Yale fight song and a former News column by the same name that ran most days from Jan. 23, 1937 until at least 1962. Columns in Down the Field, written by a wide array of sports editors and staff reporters of the News, included opinions on Yale Athletics policy, reviews of team performance and predictions for games and seasons. With this new online platform, the News hopes to do the same in order to offer new and more frequent angles of coverage for all Yale teams, as well as Yale athletics and the Ivy League as a whole.

Though Down the Field was the combined brainchild of sports editors past and present, it would not be possible without the incredible efforts of Greg Cameron ’17, sports editor on the Managing Board of 2017.

Visit the blog at yaledailynews.com/downthefield . If you are interested in joining the blog as a contributor, please contact sports editors Matthew Stock ’18 and Hope Allchin ’18 at matthew.stock@yale.edu and hope.allchin@yale.edu .

THE YALE DAILY NEWS