Asian American Cultural Center Dean Saveena Dhall is stepping down from her current role and taking the position of Associate Dean at the Yale School of Nursing.

Dhall announced her decision in a Thursday morning email to the AACC community, in which she said that she will be overseeing the Student Affairs division of the School of Nursing, encompassing Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Services and Career Advancement. Dhall wrote that the AACC community has achieved too much in recent years for her to recount every milestone, but that a few notable accomplishments include a newly renovated space, organizing Yale’s first Asian American Studies Conference and a more robust budget from the University.

Dhall will officially begin her new position mid-September, but will remain available to the AACC community until fall break.

“As I seek new adventures, I take comfort in the fact that I am making this transition when [the AACC is] far stronger, more established, better networked and working in solidarity with so many campus partners, offices, centers, faculty, staff and alumni,” the email reads. “The most beautiful and rewarding part of my sixteen years as AACC dean has been [the AACC community].”

Dhall will also be leaving her position as Director of the Mellon Bouchet Fellowships Program.

JOEY YE