Polo on the lawn. The 30th Annual Harriman Cup was held this Saturday at Bethpage State Park in New York. The charity polo match between Yale and the University of Virginia benefited the undergraduate polo teams at both schools. The excessively preppy affair featured awards for Best Hat and Best Dressed. The Cup was founded in 1984 to commemorate polo player and former Governor of New York W. Averell Harriman 1913.

Photo finish. The winners of the Yale School of Public Health’s third annual summer internship photo contest were announced. Wan Nural Naszeerah, Nicole Hermand and Luis Maldonado received awards for their pictures from Bhutan, New Haven and Ghana. The contest asked for entries from students who wore their School of Public Health T-shirt while working at their internship.

Clean and clear. A new study from Matt Davis probes the dermatology of dinosaurs. Examinations of dinosaur skin samples reveal that the hadrosaur, a duck-billed plant-eating dinosaur, had extremely tough skin, roughly 30 times as tough as the skin of other dinosaurs. Previously, scientists did not understand why hadrosaurus skin is particularly prevalent among all dinosaur skin fossils.

Extreme science. Ivan Bozovic, a professor of applied physics, will receive a $1.9 million grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation to continue his research into “superconductivity.” Bozovic is one of 12 scientists to receive the award, and is part of the foundation’s Emerging Phenomena in Quantum Systems initiative. The grant comes from a program called Moore Materials Synthesis Investigators.

Curing cancer. Craig Crews, the Lewis B. Cullman Professor of molecular, cellular and developmental biology, received the 2014 UCB-Ehrlich Award for Excellence in Medicinal Chemistry along with $10,000. Crews has worked on developing an anti-cancer therapy for patients called Kyprolis.

Meanwhile at the farm… Sign-ups for fall farm tours are now open, offering students fresh-cooked meals as well as fruit and vegetable picking and the chance to get in touch with their inner hipster.

Cheaper than tuition. According to NBC News, Ivy League email addresses are being sold by Chinese e-commerce site Taobao. Email accounts from 42 universities, including Harvard, Yale and Columbia, were up for sale for prices ranging from 16 cents to $390.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1969 A new phone system causes confusion on campus.

Submit tips to Cross Campus at crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS