Better call Herbert! YCC President Michael Herbert ’16 shared his personal cell phone number with the entire campus last night in an introductory email.

The first marijuana dispensary in the New Haven area is holding its soft launch this week. Bluepoint Wellness of Connecticut, located in Branford, is one of six marijuana dispensaries in the state. Patients must have one of 11 diseases to qualify, which include cancer, Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis. Non-medical marijuana use is a minor misdemeanor in the state of Connecticut.

Democrats, together, strong. Bill Clinton LAW ’73 just keeps coming back to New Haven for more. The former president is attending a fundraiser at the Omni New Haven Hotel today for Gov. Dan Malloy’s upcoming campaign for reelection. The tickets for Democrats ran $50 and the top donation is expected to be $10,000.

Selfless or #selfie? Economist and Assistant Professor at Yale SOM Florian Ederer, wrote a piece for SOM’s blog titled  “What Does an Economist Think of the Ice Bucket Challenge?” Ederer explains the viral nature of the challenge is based in individual narcissism — the challenge is “easy to do, and screams ‘look at me.’” In other words, participants receive a payoff of social capital in exchange for being soaked in ice water.

The last passenger pigeon. Monday was the 100th anniversary of the extinction of the passenger pigeon and the event was commemorated at the Peabody Museum with a special display. “From Billions to Zero” highlighted specimens from the museum such a male passenger pigeon from 1874 Milford, Conn.

Yale in Hollywood. Ivy Entertainment is throwing its back-to-school party tonight at the Station outdoor lounge of the W Hollywood Hotel. The networking group regularly throws socials for alumni in media and entertainment from Ivy League schools as well as Stanford and the University of Chicago.

Princeton v. PETA. Princeton came under fire from PETA this month for the alleged mistreatment of a marmoset in university laboratories. The lab was charged with placing the marmoset in an exercise ball for entertainment. A recent subcommittee formed by the university concluded after investigation that the ferret was placed in an exercise ball so its movement could be observed for a 13-minute period when it moved freely.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1942 A fire-fighting class for undergraduates is held, sponsored by the Undergraduate War Council.

Submit tips to Cross Campuscrosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS