Members of the Yale community had a strong showing at the 68th annual Tony Awards on Sunday night, winning four awards and earning over a dozen nominations.

One of the most notable awards in the ceremony went to Yale School of Drama professor Jane Greenwood, who received a Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre. Greenwood has been a Costume Designer on over 125 Broadway productions over the course of her career, which spans more than five decades and includes 18 Tony nominations.

“[Greenwood] has made a significant imprint on the history of Broadway with her artistry,” said Broadway League Executive Director Charlotte St. Martin and American Theater Wing Executive Director Heather Hitchens in their presentation speech. “Her work has not only elevated the craft of costume design but has inspired generations of designers to come.”

Two alums — Linda Cho DRA ’98 and Joey Parnes ’77 — won awards for their roles in the musical “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder,” which ultimately won the Tony for Best Musical. Parnes was the show’s lead producer, and Cho won the Tony for Best Costume Design for a Musical. Three other Yale alums received nominations for their roles in this production — Bryce Pinkham DRA ’08 for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical, Lauren Worsham Jarrow ’05 for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical and Santo Loquasto ’72 for Best Scenic Design.

Christopher Barreca DRA ’83 was also recognized for his work on the musical ‘Rocky,’ receiving the Tony for Best Scenic Design for a Musical.

ERIC XIAO