After months of balloting, Gina Raimondo LAW ’98 has been elected to the Yale Corporation, the University’s highest governing body, as an alumni fellow.

Raimondo joins five other alumni fellows on the Corporation, who together with 10 successor trustees are responsible for both the University’s broad vision and a plethora of major decisions.

Raimondo, who currently serves as treasurer of the State of Rhode Island and is also running for governor there, defeated corporate executive Gina Boswell SOM ’89. She will replace Peter Dervan GRD ’72, who was appointed a successor trustee earlier this year.

“Gina is a proven leader of a complex, public sector organization and has an outstanding record of accomplishments,” University President Peter Salovey said. “We will benefit from her strategic thinking and from her experience in the design and implementation of new programs.”

Raimondo, who received her undergraduate degree from Harvard before attending Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar, will officially take her place on the Corporation on July 1. Her term lasts for six years.

All members of the Yale College Class of 2008 or olde, along with all alumni of the graduate and professional schools, were eligible to vote.  

MATTHEW LLOYD-THOMAS