With a few tournaments under their collective belts, the men and women’s golf programs will gear up for a pair of tournaments in New Jersey and New York this weekend.

The men’s and women’s golf squads will remain in the Northeast for their next matches, with the men’s team hosting the Met Intercollegiate in Purchase, N.Y., and the women traveling to Springfield, N.J. to take on Seton Hall. The Met Intercollegiate will be a one-day, 36-hole event on Saturday, April 5, while the match at Seton Hall will span both Saturday and Sunday. This early in the season, the condition of courses in the Northeast could pose problems for the Bulldogs.

“The playing conditions will certainly be challenging this weekend,” said men’s captain Sam Bernstein ’14. “The forecast is for temperatures in the low 50s with a chance of rain. Also, because of the extremely cold winter, the course will not be in great shape.”

In addition to difficult conditions, Yale will be facing off against some of the country’s best programs, as well as the rival Crimson.

Army, Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell, Princeton, Harvard and No. 5 Georgia will all be competing in the Invitational. The last tournament the men’s squad participated in, the Linger Longer Invitational, Georgia took the top spot with a total score of 27-under against some of the countries’ top teams.

“I’m looking forward to facing off against Harvard, our biggest threat in the Ivy League, and Georgia, one of the top five teams in the country,” Will Davenport ’15 said. “I believe we have the talent to play with anyone, and it will be a real treat to go head to head against the nation’s best.”

In last years’ Met Invitational — which spanned two days — the Bulldogs took the title despite beginning the final day in fourth place. Bernstein and Joe Willis ’16 tied for third place last year to lead the Bulldogs.

Bernstein said that he looks forward to returning to Purchase, not only to repeat his performance from last year, but also because of the personal connection he has with the course.

“Century [Country Club] is where I grew up playing golf. It is a great layout and playing there really does feel like home for me,” Bernstein said.

Although the men’s team had its last match two weeks ago in Greensboro, Ga., the women’s team last stepped on the course earlier this week.

On March 31 and April 1, the Yale women’s golf team trekked to Beallsville, Md., for the ninth annual Hoya Invitational. In the 16-team tournament, the Bulldogs finished in third place, which astonishingly was their lowest finish of the year.

“It was slightly disappointing because we had only first and second [place] finishes as a team this season. However, we did our best and had exciting competition with teams such as Michigan and University of Pennsylvania,” Captain Sun Park ’14 said. “Moving forward, the results of this weekend will give us the momentum to work harder, the motivation to address and attend to different parts of our games, and the strength and the drive to do better on the next tournaments.”

Typically, teams play a practice round prior to the tournament. But due to inclement weather, the Bulldogs were unable to see the course prior to competitive play, which made adjusting to the course more difficult, according to Park.

The men’s team will have the Princeton Invitational and Yale’s home spring opener before Ivy championships, while the women’s team will compete in the Ivy championships after its tournament at Seton Hall.