This article is a stub. Check back soon for more. 

The No. 13 men’s hockey team fell 3–2 in overtime to the No. 10 Cornell Big Red Friday night.  Both Alex Lyon ’17 and Cornell’s Andy Iles made jaw-dropping saves throughout the night. Lyon finished with 26 saves but couldn’t be faulted for the OT winner.

Cornell forward Brian Ferlin flew up ice after stealing the puck on the opposite blueline and held off the Yale defenseman to score right over Lyon’s glove with just 17 seconds remaining. Iles made 38 saves and was scrambling throughout the night but remained resolute.

Yale will be disappointed after taking the lead in the first period. After Cornell opened the scoring with 2 minutes gone, defenseman Gus Young ’14 scored his fifth of the year with Iles down and out. Then Anthony Day ’15 scored a scorching wrist shot with 49 seconds left in the opening frame after his linemate, Frankie DiChiara ’17, did well to find the junior cross ice.

Cornell tied the game at deuces five minutes in after a scramble in front. Despite Yale’s shot dominance in the second period, outshooting the Big Red 13-6, the Elis couldn’t break through. In a highly contested third no goals were scored despite each team registering eight shots. In overtime each team had eight shots despite the majority of the five minutes seeing Yale set up shop in Cornell’s end. The entire game was highly contested with each team battling for ever square inch of ice.

The Bulldogs will look to bounce back tomorrow night a 7:00 p.m. versus No. 18 Colgate.

FREDERICK FRANK