Foreign exploits. It appears former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton LAW ’73 can add ‘Award of Honorary Membership’ in the Yale International Relations Association to her list of accolades. During her visit to campus for her 40th Yale Law School reunion, she was given the paper certificate from several YIRA members at a photo opportunity in Woodbridge Hall. The former senator and first lady will now have the privilege of being invited to YIRA Study Breaks and pressured to spend her weekends staffing the SCSY conference…

Asian glow. “Glow hard or go home,” reads a set of shot glasses being sold by the Chinese American Students’ Association, encouraging students to show their natural colors. The group is currently taking pre-orders for $5 each, a small price to pay for cultural pride.

New Haven Horror Story: Coven. If Yale is Hogwarts, New Haven is Hogsmeade. In fact, the Elm City may have once teamed with witches. The New Haven Museum is exploring the city’s dark past of witch trials and prosecutions in a Thursday talk.

Supreme Highness. A once-in-a-lifetime class field trip at Columbus Family School in Fair Haven brought 25 students before Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Sonia Sotomayor LAW ’79 at a small, intimate meeting. Many of the students at the middle school, located in a neighborhood with a high Hispanic population, look up to Sotomayor as a role model, said Abbe Smith, spokeswoman for the New Haven Public School District.

For country. White House internships for the fall have been announced and the list is, of course, teaming with Yalies. Whether this heightens your sense of school pride or feelings of competitive resentment, these students have taken the first step towards doing what Yalies do best — running our country. Those selected include Reid Magdanz ’12, Jon Morgan ’13, Gabriel Perlman ’12 and Giselle Barcia LAW ’13.

May the odds be ever in your favor. Applications to the prestigious and pretentious Grand Strategy program were due Monday. “Generally we get around 120 applications and accept about 1/3 of those,” said Jeremy Friedman, the program’s associate director. Let the Hunger Games begin…

This day in Yale history 1969. Yale Law students spend a temporary period living in a plastic tent in the Yale Law School courtyard called the “bubble.” The contraption was designed by students by students from the School of Art and Architecture.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS