A Yale Model United Nations conference has come under scrutiny as the site of the alleged rape of a 16-year-old girl now suing her purported attacker and his Florida prep school.

The teenager from Westchester County, N.Y. befriended a fellow competitor, a male student at The Benjamin School in North Palm Beach, Fla., during the January conference. When she went to visit his room at the Omni Hotel, where they were both staying, the boy committed “among other things, digital and penile-vaginal and forcible oral sex,” according to the criminal complaint.

The alleged attacker indicated to other conference-goers that he videotaped the whole episode, the complaint further notes.

New Haven Police Department Spokesman David Hartman said the investigation into the incident has already been completed and added that “prosecutors determined the case would not be pursued” in New Haven court.

Neither the University nor the Yale International Relations Association, which organized the conference, faces legal charges as a result of the complaint. Still, YIRA President Jade Ford ’16 said the organization is in conversation with Yale’s Risk Management Office and added that the conference has “undergone a reevaluation of security policies to prevent recurrence of any such issue.”

The Benjamin School released a statement following the filing of the suit in Palm Beach County Circuit Court saying the school is “fully committed to a secure and safe environment for every member of our school community.”

The complaint also implicates the boy’s father, a chaperone on the trip, claiming he was criminally negligent in permitting the incident under his supervision.

Attorney Jeff Herman will represent the complainant.

ISAAC STANLEY-BECKER