All white everything. It appears Paris really is a moveable feast. A Parisian movement called ‘Diner en Blanc’ where crowds gather spontaneously for pop-up dinners and picnics has taken root at Yale. Early evening on Sunday night, dozens of students dressed in all-white apparel gathered on the grass near Berkeley South Court for a full course dinner at an elegant affair featuring ‘Romanesque potato salad’ and ‘panna cotta with candied ginger and mango compote.’ The flash dinner was organized by The Yale Epicurean and Vita Bella Magazine.

351,000 words, 36 hours. At an event organized by the Yale Dramat this weekend, students were invited to prove their love of epic Russian literature by participating in a non-stop reading of Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina on Cross Campus. The marathon began shortly after breakfast on Friday and continued until 9 p.m. Saturday night. Students participating were not surprisingly also asked to sign up their friends as ‘listeners’ in case the reading in and of itself did not naturally garner an audience.

Einstein was robbed. According to a new book by Yale physics professor A. Douglas Stone, the father of modern physics and a man whose name is synonymous with ‘genius,’ deserves far more credit than he has received. Einstein’s breakthroughs amounted to the worth of four Nobel Prizes, Stone insists, rather than the measly one he was granted in 1921.

Family outing. Many international students were not able to see their parents during Parent’s Weekend, so the International Students Organization organized a trip to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey on Saturday. Around 50 students took turns on the Zumanjaro Drop of Doom and Skull Mountain while the rest of campus sat through Whiffenpoof concerts and brunch at Mory’s with their parents.

Start a fire? Posters around campus showing a burning piece of paper were actually encouraging students to start new businesses. The advertisements from the Yale Entrepreneurial Institute included information for the institute’s application-only six-hour Start Something workshop on Oct. 11.

2015 turns 21. A party hosted by the Junior Class Council at Kudeta on Thursday celebrated the “Year of 21st Birthdays.” The Sept. 26 party coincided with the actual birthday of junior Will Adams ’15, who said he enjoyed the party and a gin and tonic on the JCC’s dime.

This Day in Yale History

1975. A mild epidemic of food poisoning in the Calhoun College Dining Hall sent five students to the hospital and affected 15 others. The precise dish that caused the outbreak was never determined.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS