Students who demand more transparency from the Yale College Council will now be able to see a list of the projects on which they are working their website.

The Yale College Council has redone the “projects” page on its website to display a list of the organization’s over 40 projects, the status of each project and the students in charge of those projects. The process for completing initiatives was restructured over the summer so that each project will be managed primarily by one representative instead of a committee to increase effectiveness and accountability, said YCC President Danny Avraham ’15. The organization also created a management board that consists of three students to oversee projects in three broad areas — student life, university services and academics.

“In the past, we got the sense that students don’t really know what YCC was doing,” Avraham said. “Students should know [YCC representatives] are working hard on these issues and we hope the next step will be announcing positive change.”

Representatives were assigned their projects this weekend and will be expected to update the page regularly with progress information, such as whether they have met with administrators, Avraham said. The list includes projects that have been in the works for months as well as fresh ideas from the newly-elected representatives, he added.

Projects listed on the site include plans to review campus wheelchair accessibility, to implement credit card payment for buttery swipes and to mandate that final exams cannot count for more than 50 percent of a course grade.

Before a project is completed, the individual in charge of the initiative must present it to the YCC, Avraham said. If a project cannot be completed, an individual cannot drop the project without a vote from the Council allowing it to be removed, he added.

Nnamdi Udeh ’14 said the initiative is similar to the “What has YCC Done?” webpage that lists the organization’s accomplishments and was created in response to student criticism that the YCC is not an effective organization.

“[The new website] keeps them accountable and students are informed,” Udeh said.

Eight out of 10 students interviewed said they are optimistic that the new page will help improve the YCC’s effectiveness.

Placing all the projects in one place creates an organized system and listing project leaders will allow students to reach out and offer input, said Daniel Dangaran ’15.

Justin Schuster ’15 said the success of the effort will depend on how much the YCC publicizes the new page.

“If there is no impetus to drive me to the website, it won’t make a difference,” Schuster said.

The newly-elected YCC residential college representatives for the 2013-’14 school year were announced on Sept. 16.