Message from Ronnell. In an email to the University community on Sunday, Yale Police Chief Ronnell Higgins informed students that the department had received a report from a Quinnipiac student who reported being sexually assaulted by a Yale undergraduate. According to Higgins, the assault occurred on campus early Sunday morning.

Mommy friendly. For the fourth time in a row, Yale has been recognized by “Working Mother” magazine as one of the top 100 companies for working mothers. Yale earned its top marks for representation of women in the workforce, access to scholarships, tuition reimbursement and company culture, among others. Five of the University’s 10 officers — as well as the deans of Yale College, the School of Engineering & Applied Science, and the Nursing School — are women.

The mystery continues. A block of New Haven homes lost power for about two hours on Monday after an intrepid squirrel tripped on an electronic transformer above Bristol Street — but not before the guilty rodent was found dead on a nearby curb. Looks like this lone warrior was yet another casualty of the apparently rapidly-diminishing squirrel population in New Haven.

Democracy in action. The Yale College Council introduced the 24 newly-elected YCC representatives as well as the three student chairs of the council’s management board, a newly-created group focusing on academics, student life and University services. Exact voting percentages will be released Tuesday.

Answering your questions. In an effort to continue campus discussion about the University’s response to sexual misconduct, Deputy Provost Stephanie Spangler, UWC Chair Michael Della Rocca, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs Melanie Boyd and University Vice President Kim Goff-Crews are inviting interested students for dinner conversations about the recently released sexual misconduct scenarios.

Bringing in talent. David Mulligan has been appointed chief of transplantation and immunology and director of the Yale-New Haven Transplantation Center, as well as professor of surgery at the Yale School of Medicine.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1962 After undergoing a series of summer renovations, the Yale Bookstore — designed to resemble the nearby Morse and Ezra Stiles Colleges — opens in a new facility designed by Eero Saarinen ARCH ’34. Renovations included constructing the ladies sportswear, musical record and luggage departments.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS