Weekly digest. Your friendly neighborhood newspaper would like to inform you that chicken tenders will be served for lunch today in both the colleges and in Commons. Eat up.

It wasn’t Yale. After confusion about missing campus squirrels spiraled into national accusations of a mass squirrel extermination, University spokesman Tom Conroy told the News that Yale has not engaged with the local gray squirrel species and “has not made any effort to reduce or manage the squirrel population.” Conroy’s statements followed rumors published on Gawker that the University had surreptitiously massacred the squirrels over the summer. As of 10:45 a.m. Wednesday morning, though, one squirrel — very much alive — was spotted on Old Campus scurrying across the grass.

And “it wasn’t me.” Those immortal words from Shaggy’s hit single may soon be coming to the Elm City. According to the Toad’s Place schedule, Shaggy will be performing at Toad’s on September 27. Get ready.

Stranger than fiction. In a string of mysterious events that have hit campus over the past week, orange lettering instructing passersby to “look up” has appeared at the intersection of York and Elm Streets. It remains unclear whether the text is part of an art project or simply the work of some students with too much time on their hands.

Power pair. In partnership with venture capital fund Connecticut Innovations, the University has allocated $2.5 million for the Yale Entrepreneurial Institute (YEI) Innovation Fund, which will help finance student ventures emerging from YEI programs. The fund aims to provide certain companies with up to $100,000 to improve their chances of success and help them attract clients.

Goin’ places. The University of Connecticut has signed an agreement with developers that marks the first step in redeveloping the former Hartford Times building and creating a regional UConn campus in downtown Hartford, Conn, according to The Hartford Courant. The college campus is slated to be about 220,000 square feet and indicates UConn’s intention to move into West Hartford.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1984 The Yale Alumni Fund reports $21,314,503 in gifts for the 1983-’84 fund drive, a record amount for the Fund’s 94-year history. The majority of the funding will go to the Yale Alumni Fund Endowment and the general fund endowment. More than 44,250 University alumni and friends made donations to this campaign.

YALE DAILY NEWS