A group of Yalies not satisfied with the Wednesday night Toad’s dubstep decided to take matters into their own hands last night when the group performed Yale’s fight song “Bulldog” in honor of the men’s hockey team’s first appearance at the Frozen Four in over six decades.

The DJ was more than happy to cut the music.

The nine students, led by percussionist Levi Gray ’16 and flutist Catherine Stark ’16, dove into Toad’s Place nightclub at 12:30 a.m. garbed in Yale blue hockey jerseys. The group played and then sang Yale’s fight song from the balcony to a cheering audience of roughly 200 partygoers. The contingent, which called itself “Team U” for “Upset Toads,” said the group had planned the performance several days in advance as a venue for celebrating the hockey team’s admission to the Frozen Four.

“We’re celebrating Yale’s first trip to the Frozen Four in over 60 years by adding some Yale spirit to tonight’s Toad’s lineup,” trumpeter Billy Thomas ’16 said before the event.

The nightclub’s announcer congratulated the hockey team on its victories in the NCAA tournament before the music started.

A Toad’s email to the student body Wednesday announced that the Yale Band would perform, although Thomas said the show was not an official band event, adding that he had personally contacted the nightclub’s owner Brian Phelps about playing.

The Bulldogs will travel to Pittsburgh, Penn. for the Frozen Four, which begins April 11. Boola boola!