Another city race. The race to replace Mayor John DeStefano Jr. is not the only ongoing race in the Elm City. Ward 26 Alderman Sergio Rodriguez has launched an active campaign to be New Haven’s next city clerk, the city’s top administrative position. The city clerk handles all public documents, including claims and suits against the city, liquor permits, and absentee ballots for local elections. Rodriguez launched a walking tour campaign on Saturday and has already hired a campaign manager and social media point person.

New kid on the block. The former Hot Tomato’s restaurant next to Shubert Theater is getting a replacement: Roia Restaurant & Cafe, a 1920s-themed restaurant, according to food blog Bite of the Best. Fingers crossed that Jay Gatsby makes an appearance.

Buy you a drank. Or maybe not. The Yale College Council is hosting an open forum today with the University Council Committee on Alcohol, a committee comprised of experts and Yale alumni and parents, to discuss alcohol use at Yale. The committee will submit its recommendations regarding Yale’s alcohol policy to University President Richard Levin, President-elect Peter Salovey and Yale College Dean Mary Miller over the summer.

Rethinking health care. Yale journalism instructor Steven Brill’s ’72 LAW ’75 36-page health care exposé, published March 4 in Time magazine, has continued to make waves weeks after its publication. The Time cover story, which at 24,105 words was the longest ever printed in the magazine, revealed inflated medical charges that account for the 11.7 percent average profit margin for nonprofit hospitals nationwide. The story has been shared by more than 4,000 people on Facebook, and at one point, peaked at 32,000 simultaneous page views.

Trouble in Tennessee. The University of Tennessee has pulled funding for its student-produced “Sex Week” after conservative lawmakers complained about several planned events, including one on oral sex called “How Many Licks Does It Take” and a “Golden Condom Scavenger Hunt.”

Keep your eyes peeled. There’s something fishy in Berkeley. According to a Monday afternoon email to Berkeley students, a vacant storage room in Berkeley’s subbasement was “inappropriately accessed” over break. The identity of the culprits is still unknown.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1924 The 24th annual exhibition of the New Haven Paint and Clay Club, held at the Yale School of Fine Arts, opens to the public today.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS