Macklemore and Ryan Lewis — this year’s Spring Fling headliners scheduled to perform on April 29 — have canceled their upcoming spring concerts at Williams College and Columbia University, according to The Williams Record.

The duo was originally scheduled to perform on April 13 at Williams and April 14 at Columbia but canceled to perform on MTV, the same weekend of the MTV Movie Awards on April 14. MTV has not yet released the name of performers, and the Columbia Spectator wrote in a Sunday night article that it could not verify that the duo had canceled their performance with Columbia, as the list of artists for Columbia’s spring concert was not due to be announced until April 1.

Though Macklemore and Lewis’s cancellation dismayed students at both universities, their decision falls within the terms of their contract with Williams, which allowed for a 30-day cancellation policy. The 800 tickets for the Williams concert sold out within minutes, according to The Record, which added that those who purchased tickets will be refunded.

An email to Williams students from the concert organizers suggested that Macklemore and Ryan Lewis may be able to reschedule their performance to another date.

Fingers crossed Yale doesn’t await the same fate.

CATHERINE WANG