THE NEWS

• After nearly 70 Harvard students were implicated in the largest cheating scandal in Ivy League history, Yale administrators are reflecting on the University’s academic integrity policies. At the beginning of February, Dean of Harvard’s Faculty of Arts and Sciences Michael Smith announced that the university’s Administrative Board had concluded their investigation of nearly half of the 279 students in Government 1310 “Introduction to Congress” who were accused of illicit collaboration on their take-home final exams. Joseph Gordon, deputy dean of Yale College and dean of undergraduate education, said Harvard’s situation highlights the importance of upholding and re-emphasizing University-wide standards of academic integrity.
  • With the help of a $1 million donation, the School of Management will launch a three-year initiative this July to fund faculty research in leadership and organizational behavior. The Initiative on Leadership and Organizational Performance will provide funding for professors to investigate the ways in which people work most effectively, especially in the context of teams and organizations, and will encourage professors to apply their findings to projects at SOM and elsewhere. The initiative will also sponsor conferences on the research topics and facilitate the creation of research databases that can be shared with outside organizations interested in the faculty’s findings, according to SOM Dean Edward Snyder. James Baron, an SOM professor involved in planning the initiative, said he hopes SOM faculty will “undertake ambitious projects difficult to conduct elsewhere” as part of the initiative.
  • Hundreds of Yale students, faculty and alumni gathered on Science Hill this afternoon for the dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the Center for Engineering Innovation and Design. Boeing CEO Jim McNerney ’71 delivered the keynote speech in which he praised the center for embodying the intersection of the sciences and the humanities. Later in the afternoon, President-elect Peter Salovey told the audience that the opening of the center has generated as much excitement as any he can remember over his 32 years at Yale.
THE WEATHER

High of 45 degrees, low of 27 degrees, partly sunny / slight chance of snow.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Steelcut Oats, Waffle Bar, Lemon Poppy Muffin

Lunch: Caribbean Shrimp Chowder, Penne w/ Salsa Sofrito, Baja Fish Tacos with Chipotle Sour Cream, Vegan Bean Burrito, Grilled Garden Burger, Chicken Quesadilla, Cuban Sandwich, Arroz Blanco, Fresh Market Vegetable, Black Bean & Rice Salad, Roasted Butternut Squash with Lemon Vinaigrette, Passionfruit Coconut Macadamia Shortbread, Blondie With Chocolate Chips

Dinner: Caribbean Shrimp Chowder, Moroccan Spiced Salmon, Frittata Mexican, Grilled Garden Burger, Buffalo Chicken Wings, Curly Fries, Fresh Market Vegetable, Black Bean & Rice Salad, Roasted Butternut Squash with Lemon Vinaigrette, Bread Pudding

In Commons

Breakfast: Maple Flavored Organic Oatmeal, Cage-Free Scrambled Eggs, Waffle Bar, Omelets To-Order, Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Scrambled Egg Whites, Sweet Potato Home Fries, Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin

Lunch: New England Clam Chowder, Wheatberry Pilaf, Berkeley Mac & Cheese, Baja Style Fish Tacos, Linguine, Spaghetti, Portabella Fajita, Hamburger, Spinach Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Yu Choy Stir Fry, Vegetable Lo Mein, Jasmine Rice, Stir-Fried Chicken, Curried Tofu, Tuna Salad Sandwich, Fresh Market Vegetable, Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower, Black Bean & Rice Salad, Tomato & Avocado Salad with Cumin Vinaigrette, Blondie With Chocolate Chips, Gingersnap

YALE DAILY NEWS