The perks of President-elect Peter Salovey’s new position keep piling up: First came the email address, president.elect@yale.edu, from which Salovey emailed the community in November. Then, today, came a new website: president-elect.yale.edu.

The website will primarily function to let members of the Yale community send Salovey messages about what changes they hope to see at Yale, Salovey wrote in his email to the community. The president-elect encouraged people to “be in touch with [him] about what’s on [their] mind,” and the open form means anyone can share their suggestions, concerns, ideas and even greetings or well-wishes. (Hopefully campus trolls don’t take advantage of the open invitation for communication.)

The website also has sections titled “About Peter Salovey” and “Photos and Videos,” where people can learn more about Yale’s next president.

Read the text of Salovey’s email below.

To the Yale Community:

I’m pleased to let you know about the establishment of a President-elect website, designed to gather your suggestions and ideas about how we can, together, build on the momentum of the last 20 years to create an even more unified Yale, a more accessible Yale, a more innovative Yale, and a more excellent Yale.

I hope you will visit the site occasionally in the next five months. I encourage you to take advantage of the form on the site to be in touch with me about what’s on your mind, and I may post my own thoughts and ideas there from time to time. Although I have been at Yale for more than 30 years, I know there is still much for me to learn about this great institution.

I look forward to hearing – and learning – from you.

Sincerely,

Peter Salovey
President-elect
Chris Argyris Professor of Psychology

JULIA ZORTHIAN