A balanced diet. Newark Mayor Cory Booker LAW ’97 may one day join the legendary ranks of Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon and Phish. After the vegetarian politician expressed his love for Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, the company’s public relations director suggested possible names for a Booker-inspired flavor, including “Smart Cookie” — a nod at Booker’s days as a Rhodes scholar — and “Mayor’s 7-Layer Cake.” Who knows, maybe we’ll start seeing Booker’s face in the dining halls soon.

A sticky situation. A three-year study led by Yale psychiatry professor Bruce Wexler that examined Israeli and Palestinian textbooks has received vehement criticism from the Israeli government. The study — which was titled “Victims of Our Own Narratives?” — praised both Israel and the Palestinian Authority for avoiding “extreme dehumanizing characterizations” of each other, but added that both the Israeli and Palestinian books lacked sufficient information about the other’s religions, culture, beliefs and activities.

All dogs go to heaven. Or, at least, let’s hope George W. Bush’s ’68 Scottish terrier will. Barney, the former First Dog of the United States of America, passed away earlier this week from lymphoma. The furry retired presidential pet was 12 years old.

Check your allergies. Dean of Student Affairs Marichal Gentry wants to make sure you’ve kept your allergies in check. In a Tuesday afternoon email to the Yale community, Gentry reminded Yalies that they can find food allergy awareness information in all of the University’s dining facilities. In addition, students can fill out a “food allergy self-identification form” to notify Yale Dining and relevant administrators of dietary restrictions.

The Edmonton Oilers have announced that forward Mark Arcobello ’10 has been called up from the Oklahoma City Barons. Arcobello played center for the Yale men’s hockey team and appeared in a record 131 games for the Bulldogs.

In memory. A group of Newtown students will sing “Over the Rainbow” at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards this Sunday. The children, who recorded their version of the song with the help of singer Ingrid Michaelson, will donate proceeds from the song to the Newtown Youth Academy.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1998 Freshman counselor applications drop 13 percent this year, going from 254 applications to 220. The fall is even more significant for Ezra Stiles and Timothy Dwight colleges, which both see a 40 percent fall in application numbers.

Submit tips to crosscampus@yaledailynews.com.

YALE DAILY NEWS