Though most Yalies don’t spend their Saturday nights inside watching “Saturday Night Live,” most would be proud to know that New Haven was part of last night’s “Saturday Night Live” episode, of which Maroon 5 lead singer and “The Voice” judge Adam Levine played host.

The skit took place in a New Haven Fire Department house during a fundraiser event. Adam Levine plays a firefighter by the name of Jerry and casually talks with the ex-girlfriend of another firefighter, Bryce (played by Bill Hader). Kenan Thompson, also a firefighter, begins the scene conversing with fellow firefighter Taran Killam and brings the audience’s attention to the precarious situation, saying, “Oh, he is not gonna like that.” Killam responds with genuine surprise: “Really? Bryce seems like such a mellow guy.” At this point, Bryce storms in and rudely announces, “Hey, fellas!” while breathing heavily.

The rest of the scene consists of a ludicrous meltdown from Bryce, filled with plenty of hyperbolic screaming at Jerry. Apparently, Bryce only dated his ex, Rula, for two weeks about nine years ago, yet he breaks down to the point of being attacked by an inanimate Dalmatian while trying to throw it out the firehouse window.

The skit also features Bryce screaming “shut up” five straight times to the rest of the crew, dancing alone to electronic music and yelling, “That’s bonkers!” when another partygoer announces Bryce’s favorite show “Don’t Trust the Bee in Apartment 23” was canceled.

Watching Hader crack up when he plays Stefan on the “Weekend Update” is actually funny, but watching him throw an adult tantrum for five minutes is something else.