The men’s hockey team is looking to continue its four-game winning streak as it takes on conference rivals RPI and Union at Ingalls Rink this weekend.

Fresh off a 4–3 win over Brown last Saturday, the No. 15 Bulldogs will face off against the Engineers (3–6–3, 0–5–1 ECAC) and the No. 12 Dutchmen (8–3–2, 3–2–1 ECAC) on Friday and Saturday nights, respectively.

“The RPI and Union weekend is always extremely physical, fast and competitive,” team captain and forward Andrew Miller ’13 said. “We need to make sure we have good starts in both games, and we need to play well defensively throughout the whole weekend.

Last weekend’s win was contingent on a strong power play, which head coach Keith Allain said may play a role in this weekend’s games as well. The Bulldogs scored all four goals against Brown with a one- or two-man advantage and have the eighth most effective power play in the NCAA, having scored 10 out of 42 times for a 24 percent success rate.

As Yale (6–2–1, 3–2–0 ECAC) takes on Union on Saturday, the team will be well-matched on the power play. Union is currently ranked first in the NCAA, having scored on 16 of 55 power plays for a 29 percent success rate.

“In high levels of hockey, you’ll see that a good percentage of the games will be decided by special teams, whether it’s the power play or the penalty kill,” Allain said. “Teams are pretty evenly matched on five-on-five play, so if you can be better than them on the power play or on the penalty kill, it gives you an edge.”

One of the Bulldogs’ goals for Friday’s game is to play all four lines of forwards and “get everyone involved early,” Allain said.

Allain said he is pleased with the current fitness level of the Bulldog team.

“It gives us the confidence that we have the stamina to out-chance our opponent,” Allain said. “But I think our mental toughness is as pronounced as our physical toughness.”

RPI lost to Quinnipiac 3–1 last Saturday, and Union tied Princeton 4–4.

Puck drop will be at 7 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday.