The Yale women’s swimming team finished up the semester at the Brown Invitational on Sunday, where it placed second behind Princeton but ahead of host Brown in a field of seven teams.

The Bulldogs (1–0, 1–0 Ivy) maintained their second-place position throughout the three-day event. They were 94 points behind eventual winner Princeton after the first day, but that deficit ballooned to 154 by the end of the second day of competition. After the third and final day, the score stood 1024–802, in favor of Princeton.

Captain Joan Weaver ’13 pointed out that, while Princeton competed well to finish ahead of Yale, they also fielded more swimmers than the Elis, allowing them to rack up additional points.

“The results will be different at Ivy’s when the playing field is even and we all have the same number of competitors,” Weaver said.

The team will face Princeton next semester at the Ivy League Championships in March, where they hope to move up from last year’s third-place finish, as well as at a combined meet with Harvard in February.

The Elis broke four Yale records over the weekend, three of which fell on the last day of the meet. Alex Forrester ’13 broke her own school record in the 50-yard freestyle the first day of the meet with time of 22.61, 0.02 seconds faster than her previous best. On Sunday, she complemented her performance by breaking her record of 49.58 seconds in the 100-yard freestyle with a new time of 49.12.

Not to be outdone, Eva Fabian ’16 also broke two records in the process of winning the 1,650-yard freestyle. Fabian set a new pace for the entire distance, as well as for the first 1,000 yards. The record in the full 1,650-yard freestyle had stood for 19 years prior to Sunday.

Overall, the Bulldogs put together a strong, well-rounded effort, producing 35 personal-best times over the course of three days.

“Almost everyone on the team had at least one race that was special or noteworthy,” Weaver said. “In every single event there were two or three swims that were amazing and exciting.”

After beginning their fall season with a victory against Columbia, the Elis competed in two three-day invitationals at Boston University and Brown, where they finished first and second, respectively.

Courtney Randolph ’14 noted improvements the team has already made since the start of the season.

“Our cardio base and technique work from the start of season is starting to show up more in races,” Randolph said. “There is still a lot of work to be done to swim to our full potential at Ivies, but the preseason work we did in September and October paid off this weekend.”

The team will head into the winter break motivated and focused for their winter training, Weaver said.

“There is always work to be done, and there are always things to improve upon,” Weaver said. “We’re excited about our performances, but still grounded and focused for winter training.”

The Elis will start spring semester facing Cornell (0–4, 0–4 Ivy) in Ithaca on Jan. 7.