The women’s tennis team closed its fall season with decisive victories at the Big Green Invitational Nov. 2–4.

Dropping just one match over the three-day tournament at Dartmouth, the Bulldogs finished 11–0 in singles and 22–1 in doubles. With wins over UMass, Boston University and host Dartmouth, Yale solidified its place as a power in the Northeast region.

Playing in the No. 1 spots, Madeleine Hamilton ’16 and doubles pairing Annie Sullivan ’14 and Ree Ree Li ’16 finished the tournament as singles and doubles champions, respectively.

Hamilton said that the team’s performance at the tournament bodes well for the upcoming spring season.

“I think this tournament was really the opportunity to see how our team matches will go in the spring,” she said. “Everybody was cheering, really energized and excited to be playing. I think we did a really good job of being aggressive and playing our game style, which is something we’ll be looking to do in our spring matches.”

On the first day of play the Bulldogs took down BU in both singles and doubles. Without ceding a match, Yale triumphed 7–0 in singles play, with Hamilton, Li and Sullivan all winning their matches 6–0, 6–1 and captain Elizabeth Epstein ’13 taking down her opponent 6–0, 6–0. Later that day, Yale won all four of its doubles matches against UMass.

On Day Two of the tournament, the Bulldogs continued their display of dominance by beating Dartmouth 4–0 in doubles and 7–1 in singles, a victory that Hamilton said the team was particularly happy to get.

“It was good to get so many wins, but I think beating Dartmouth was especially good because they’re in our conference and we’ll definitely be playing them again in the spring,” she said.

The final day of play ended with a clean sweep over UMass in singles, with all eight players winning comfortably in straight sets.

Sullivan praised the team’s performance and said she thought the past fall season was possibly the best the Elis have ever had as a team.

“Because it’s the end of the fall season, we worked really hard for this tournament so we could play another season on a high,” she said. “Everybody’s been playing great in practice, and we were really excited about making a statement about Yale tennis.”

Sullivan also highlighted the impact that freshmen Hamilton, Li and Courtney Amos ’16 have made in their first season, saying “they have brought a lot” to the team. The freshmen’s success is reassuring considering the loss of graduated seniors Vicki Brook ’12 and Steph Kent ’12, and leaves the team well-prepared for the upcoming Ivy League season and potentially the NCAA tournament.

The Bulldogs finished at No. 29 in the country in last year’s end-of-season ITA rankings as the highest-placed team in the Northeast region.