Sixty-eight Nobel Laureates, including seven Yalies, have signed an open letter endorsing Barack Obama for president.

In the letter, the scientists wrote that Obama has remained committed to relying on “science-based decision making and has championed investment in science and technology research.”

In addition, the letter expresses concern about Republican nominee Mitt Romney’s candidacy, arguing that the governor has “taken positions that privilege ideology over clear scientific evidence on climate change.”

Among those that signed the letter were 2012 Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry and School of Medicine graduate Brian Kobilka MED ’81, Sterling Professor of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology Sidney Altman, Murray Gell–Mann ’48, Sterling Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry Thomas Steitz and Eric Wieschaus GRD ’74 also signed the letter.

Check out the current and former Nobel Prize-winning Yalies who signed the joint letter:

Brian Kobilka MED ’81 — 2012 Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, currently a professor in molecular and physiology at Stanford University.

Murray Gell-Mann ’48 — 1969 Nobel Prize winner in physics, currently living in Sante Fe, New Mexico. Co-founded the Santa Fe Institute, a nonprofit research center for scientists.

Eric Wieschaus GRD ’74 — 1995 Nobel Prize winner in medicine, currently a Squibb professor in molecular biology at Princeton University.

Sidney Altman — 1989 Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, currently a Sterling professor of molecular, cellular, and developmental biology and professor of chemistry at Yale. Has been part of Yale’s faculty since 1971.

Thomas Steitz — 2009 Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, currently a Sterling professor of biophysics and biochemistry at Yale.

Paul Greengard — 2000 Nobel Prize winner in medicine, currently the Vincent Astor Professor at Rockefeller University and member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Cure Alzheimer’s Fund. Former pharmacology professor at Yale.

Elizabeth Blackburn — 2009 Nobel Prize winner in medicine, currently the Morris Herzstein professor of biology and physiology at the University of California, San Francisco. Was a postdoctoral fellow at Yale.