Frog’s Place? Yalies checking their email last night may have noticed something different in their inboxes: The sender of the weekly Wednesday night dance party at Toad’s Place was not “thetoad@toadsplace.com” or “toadsplac@aol.com,” as is customary, but instead “frogman9003@aol.com.” It appears that the toad has transformed into a frog, though it remains unclear precisely when this evolution took place.

Marijuana Malloy. Rolling Stone Magazine has named Conn. Gov. Dannel Malloy one of the country’s top 10 politicians “on the right side” of the medical marijuana debate. Last year, Malloy approved a bill that decriminalized medical marijuana and reduced penalties for people caught with the drug. Instead of facing a $1,000 fine, cannabis offenders will now pay $250 for their first offense and up to $500 for subsequent violations.

Standing in solidarity. Several Yalies organized a blackout on Wednesday afternoon in support of the University of Texas at Austin’s decision to consider race in its supplemental admissions program. The blackout comes as the U.S. Supreme Court weighs the merits of race-based affirmative action in the landmark case Fisher v. University of Texas. The Court first began hearing oral arguments for the case on Wednesday.

Not a sophomore slump. Ezra Stiles and Morse Colleges held their traditional sophomore dinners on Wednesday night with invited speakers and special menus, offering Asian cuisine for Morsels and Stilesians. Though attendees of the Stiles celebration wore semi-formal attire, those at the Morse dinner dressed casually.

Food failures. Seven of 39 New Haven eateries examined after experiencing fire or flood issues have failed their health inspection tests, which were conducted during the last week of September. Food establishments that passed included Jonathan Edwards College, Davenport College and sushi place Miso Japanese Restaurant on Orange St.

In other news, Harvard. A Hong Kong couple has sued a U.S.-based college admissions counselor for failing to get their two sons into Harvard University. The couple, who ended up paying $2 million in counseling and tutoring fees, allege that the consultant had promised their sons would receive admission letters.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1897 The University announces Edwin Hotchkiss Tuttle as the winner of the Hugh Chamberlain Greek Prize for best entrance examination in Greek.