At the first home tournament of the fall season the Yale men’s tennis team won 41 of its 44 matches in two consecutive days.

The Bulldogs hosted Army and St. Bonaventure at their Yale Shootout this past weekend at the Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center in New Haven. The tournament lasted two days and featured both singles and doubles matches.

“It was a great weekend overall,” Zach Krumholz ’15 said. “It seems like everyone on our team is playing well and that our hard work is paying off on the fitness side.”

On the first day of play, Yale went undefeated in 22 singles matches. Jason Brown ’16 continued his winning streak in singles to 10 matches on Saturday after two easy wins against St. Bonaventure’s Luis Guevara and Army’s Caison Best.

In doubles, the Elis went 6–1, with the senior duo of Marc Powers and captain Daniel Hoffman and the pair of Patrick Chase ’14 and John Huang ’13 each winning two matches. Together, they made up more than 50 percent of the victories for Yale in doubles play. Zach Dean ’13 and Matt Saiontz ’15 also won their match decisively 8–3 on Saturday.

“I thought we played well,” Brown said. “It has been the best weekend so far for me as I was able to play more aggressively.”

On the second day of the match, the Bulldogs left the tennis center with a record of 13–2. In contrast to the day before, Yale went undefeated in its four doubles matches. All pairs had easy victories, winning by at least six games each. Daniel Faierman ’15 and Tommy Ratchford ’14 were able to pull out a win after losing the day before in a tough 9–8 match.

Brown said the highlight of his weekend was extending his singles winning streak to 11 matches Army’s No. 1 Asika Isoh 6–4, 6–3.

Hoffman and Huang were able to bounce back quickly from their losses in Tulsa last week. Hoffman defeated Elliot Fanshel of St. Bonaventure 7–6, 6–2. Huang defeated Oscar Yanez of St. Bonaventure 6–2, 6–1.

“I was really proud of the team for playing so consistently the entire weekend,” Hoffman said.

After two weeks off, the Bulldogs will host the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Regional Championships for the Northeast region, which starts on Thursday, Oct. 18.