Shellfish on the loose. A delivery truck carrying boxes of shrimp, lobsters and haddock fillets crashed into the front doors of the Loria Center on Monday morning, shattering the glass doors and denting the metal paneling. No one was injured in the accident. The driver said he was “embarrassed, that’s all.”

Do you want to be a millionaire? Joey Yagoda ’14 appeared on Monday’s episode of the television game show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” Yagoda collected $13,600 on the first day, answering six questions on topics ranging from “thick accents” to T.S. Eliot before the end of the show. WCTX will air the second part of the show Tuesday afternoon at 4 p.m. on WCTX (Channel 9).

Geniuses at Yale. Computer science professor Daniel Spielman ’92 has been named one of 23 MacArthur Fellows, a prestigious fellowship awarded by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation. Spielman will receive a $500,000 “genius grant” for his work with algorithms and digital data.

Never going to leave Yale. Yale Class of 2012 graduates still had access to their University email accounts Monday night, even though the accounts were slated to expire at 6 a.m.

A new way to travel. Conn. Gov. Dan Malloy accepted $121 million in federal money toward the creation of high-speed trains between New Haven, Hartford and Springfield, Mass.

Women in the sciences. Physics Department Chair Meg Urry wrote a Monday op-ed for CNN that discussed gender biases in the sciences. She argued that women are seen as “less capable” as their male counterparts.

Building New Haven’s Latino community. Rafael Melendez, Sr. was honored Saturday with a city street corner sign for his work promoting Latino affairs in the Elm City.

New house on the block. Second year graduate students from the Architecture School joined Dean Robert A.M. Stern late Monday afternoon in dedicating the newest member of the “Vlock Building Project.” The students had designed and built over the past year a low-cost home for qualified New Haven residents.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY
1936 The University’s “Freshman Office” revealed that only 185 of the Class of 1940 had been in the upper tenth percentile at their prep school, compared to 225 such men in the Class of 1939. The Office called the incoming freshman class an “average” one.