The Elis will attempt to repeat last week’s sweep when they face Fordham and Marist this weekend.

After demonstrating noticeable offensive strength last weekend, with a goal apiece from forwards Scott Armbrust ’14, Peter Jacobson ’14 and Jenner Fox ’14, the team appears fit and ready to take its third and fourth consecutive wins.

“This weekend should be a good test for us to see if we can build off of the momentum we created for ourselves last weekend,” defender Nick Alers ’14 said. “We’ve had a short week of practices, but I think each practice has been very sharp.”

The Bulldogs (2-3-1) will first face Fordham in Reese Stadium tonight. It has been more than 20 years since the two last faced off against each other.

“Fordham is a team that tries to play good, attractive soccer,” Alers said. “That’s how we try to play too, so it should be a fun game.”

Although the Rams (3-3-0) fell to Stony Brook in their last clash, they have scored 11 goals in total so far this season. They beat Brown, 1-0, two weeks ago, whereas the Bulldogs lost to the Bears by a 1-0 margin last year. The Rams’ player to watch is Finnish midfielder Kalle Sotka: Besides scoring two goals so far this season — including the game sealer against Brown — he is the team’s most important playmaker who not only shoots but also provides crucial assists.

Although the Bulldogs will have home turf advantage, the Rams have not played a game since Sept. 14, giving them more time to recover.

On Sunday, the Elis will make a trip to Marist (3-3-1) and attempt to repeat last season’s 7-0 shutout against the team.

“Marist will remember the 7-0 pounding and will come out very hard against us,” forward Peter Ambiel ’15 said.

In that game, Yale dominated the first half by tallying five goals, including a goal each from Jacobson, Fox and defender Milan Tica ’13. The Bulldogs added two more goals just for good measure in the second half, and Fox again contributed one of them.

Alers said Marist has some good, athletic players, so Yale will have to play smart and take advantage of its opportunities.

Although Yale undoubtedly controlled last year’s game, Marist recorded four more shots (22-18).

The Red Foxes have scored ten goals so far this season and in their last game, they defeated the University of North Carolina-Asheville, 4-0.

Yale should focus on marking forward Stephan Brossard, who has contributed a third of Marist’s total goals this season, along with three assists. He was also named to the First Team All-MAAC and the NSCAA Third Team All-North Atlantic Regional Team last year. Another player to watch is Evan Southworth, who has scored three goals for his team this season.

The Bulldogs will maintain tactics from last weekend against their opponents.

“We had some success with the Flying V formation last week, so I think the plan is definitely to stick with it for now,” Alers said.

Ambiel added the team wants to play good, hard soccer and come out of the weekend with two wins heading into its game against Connecticut.

The kick-off against Fordham is slated at 7 p.m. today at home. The Elis will take on Marist on Sunday at 1 p.m.