Uneasy conditions at four different regattas couldn’t stop the top-ranked coed and women’s sailing teams from proving their mettle this weekend.

Following their victory last weekend at the Toni Deutsch Invitational, the women’s team defended their first-place national ranking with a decisive win at the Mrs. Hurst Bowl, hosted by Dartmouth. The coed team, also ranked first in the nation, divided and sent members to three different regattas, where they competed against national title contenders and Ivy rivals. The Elis finished fifth at the Hatch Brown Trophy hosted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, came in sixth at the Nevin’s Trophy hosted by the U.S. Merchant Marine and ended up in 13th place at the Boston Harbor Invitational at Boston College.

“The coed varsity team did a great job at two different three-division regattas,” assistant coach William Healy said. “We were spread pretty thin because of that but as a team we learned a ton to move us forward in the season.”

The third regatta featured three sailors ­— Marissa Pettit ’14, Marly Isler ’16 and Emily Johnson ’16 — joining veteran Will Feldman ’14 for their competitive racing debut.

The women’s team asserted dominance in both the A and B divisions at the Mrs. Hurst Bowl, with skipper Emily Billing ’13 and crew Amanda Salvesen ’14 placing third in the A Division. In the B division, skipper Claire Dennis ’13 and crew Kate Gaumond ’15 took first. Yale beat No. 2 Dartmouth by 96 points, No. 3 Brown by 109 points and No. 5 Georgetown by 72 points.

“The women’s team is crushing it,” Feldman said.

Gaumond added that the Eli sailors were best prepared to adjust to weather changes.

“It was really windy on Friday, and I think our team was able to handle that a lot better than the other girls on the water,” she said. “We did a really good job and won by 60 points, which is a lot for sailing.”

Despite being split up and sent to three different competitions, the coed team also had a strong showing. Since wind conditions make sailing a dynamic sport, it is not necessary for the top team to win every regatta to retain its ranking.

“Boston tends to be a tricky place to sail in general,” Feldman said. “It’s more important that we steadily get better for the bigger regattas at the end of the season.”

At the Hatch Brown Trophy, Yale defeated No. 2 Georgetown by 178 points, No. 3 Charleston by 31 points and No. 5 Brown by 12 points. The duo of skipper Graham Landy ’15 and crew Heather May ’13 placed fourth in the A Division, while Cam Cullman ’13 and Sanam Rastegar ’16 placed fifth in the B Division. In the C Division sophomores Morgan Kiss ’15 and Urska Kosir ’15 came in ninth.

At Nevin’s Trophy, skipper Chris Segerblom ’14 and crew Charlotte Belling ’16 finished eighth place in the A Division. Marlena Fauer ’14 and Eugenia Custo Greig ’14 finished fifth in the B Division and Max Nickbarg ’14 placed ninth in Lasers, a division with smaller, individual boats.

While Feldman said the team was generally happy with the weekend’s performances, both he and Healy emphasized the need to continue improving their racing techniques.

“Every team in the country will get better as the season progresses, so we need to make sure we do the same and then some,” Healy said.

Next weekend the Bulldogs will send coed teams to the Hood Trophy hosted by Tufts, the Chris Loder Trophy hosted by the University of New Hampshire and the Salt Pond Invitational hosted by the University of Rhode Island. The women’s team will travel to Boston University for the Regis Bowl Regatta.