So long, sweet summer. Fall term starts today for undergrads. Because you can’t have too many reminders, the Labor Day holiday means classes normally held on Monday will be held on Friday.

Glitchy. If Yale Bluebook malfunctions while you’re picking classes, you probably don’t need to clear your cookies: University Registrar Gabriel Olszewski said class times may go missing for about 15 minutes while the site refreshes its course information throughout the day. Information is refreshed at 7 a.m., 10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.

A new blue. Following a contentious yet gentlemanly debate, the Yale Club of New York City has deemed denim — yes, blue jeans — appropriate for certain parts of the club, so long as it is “neat, clean and in good repair,” according to a June announcement. Before the new policy was approved, the matter went to a vote among the club’s members: 60 percent said they supported a decision to relax the club’s business casual dress code, while 40 percent said they wanted stricter enforcement of the status quo.

Are pants the problem? A new book by Nathan Harden ’09 — titled “Sex and God at Yale: Porn, Political Correctness, and a Good Education Gone Bad” — slams Yale for allegedly losing sight of its mission and instead creating a sex-obsessed culture. The book landed in the New York Times Sunday Book Review, and a piece by Harden in The Daily Beast elicited a response from Claire Gordon ’10 and Kathryn Olivarius ’11.

Conservative cometh. U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan, the Republican from Wisconsin who is running for vice president alongside Mitt Romney, will visit Connecticut on Sept. 30 for a fundraiser in — drumroll — Greenwich. Tickets start at $1,000 a person.

More conservative success? Linda McMahon, the Republican candidate for U.S. Senate who lost to Sen. Richard Blumenthal LAW ’73 in 2010, currently leads Democratic challenger U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy, 49-46, according to a poll out Tuesday from Quinnipiac University.

Dems do OK. In a three-hour voter registration drive on Sunday, the Yale College Democrats signed up more than 150 students to vote in the 2012 election, according to communications director Eric Stern ’15. The Dems also sold 120 “Yale Students for Obama” t-shirts.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 2003 Freshmen arriving on campus were met by frocos, move-in crews and 1,000 picketing University employees in the third day of a strike.

THE YALE DAILY NEWS