Aly Moore ’14 says she wants to apply her passion for innovation to the Undergraduate Organizations Funding Committee.

Moore, one of three candidates for chair of the UOFC, which oversees funding for registered groups on campus, said she will increase communication between the UOFC and the Yale administration and make it easier for student groups to receive the funding they deserve. Having served on the Sophomore Class Council and the UOFC’s board this year, Moore said she believes she can use her experience in student government to implement new initiatives, including publicizing the UOFC more widely and improving UOFC’s capital equipment system.

Moore, who is running under the slogan “Let’s do Moore,” is looking to expand communication between the administration and student groups, and said she intends to organize dinners with administrators and leaders of student organizations in order to facilitate direct and open contact. In addition, she said she will make it easier for student groups to pick up checks and turn in reciepts, a process she thinks is currently too slow.

Moore said she is the best candidate to ensure that the UOFC’s transition to the Undergraduate Organizations Committee goes smoothly. Next fall, the UOFC will become the UOC, expanding from a role exclusively involved with funding to one that encompasses all matters relating to student organizations.

“This recently approved transition, for which I helped write the proposal, will increase UOFC’s responsibilities and make the organization more autonomous,” Moore said, adding that her experience as a board member of UOFC has enabled her to “see what works and what doesn’t,” and that she will use this knowledge to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Even though she is “not a big campaigner,” Moore said she likes reaching out to people, and hopes to gain support from the Yale community by making personal connections.

“I am not doing the whole door-to-door thing,” she said. “I don’t believe in massive campaigning. I like taking the time to talk to people about my plans and about what they want.”

Adin Lykken ’14, who served on UOFC with Moore, said some of the qualities that make her a great candidate are her willingness to collaborate and her energizing personality.

John Gonzales ’14, who is running for YCC president, said he endorses Moore’s candidacy.

“Aly was in charge of the Sophomore Snow Ball, and I saw her show an incredible amount of commitment,” he said. “She has been on the committee for a long time, and I think that she is now ready to lead.”

Moore is a molecular, cellular and developmental biology major and a peer health educator.