Tomorrow the Bulldogs will look to build on their two-game winning streak when they travel to Hanover to take on Dartmouth. Last weekend, Yale broke a four-match slump with its first Ivy League win in a thriller against Penn.

The Elis (4–4, 1–2 Ivy) led for most of the contest but allowed the Quakers to climb back into the game with a three-goal run in the fourth quarter. The win was saved by a fast break goal from Deron Dempster ’13 with 11.9 seconds remaining. The goal was Dempster’s fifth of the game and put the Elis ahead 10–9 for good.

“It felt great to get [the first Ivy win of the season]” captain Michael Pratt ’12 said. “0–2 isn’t a great place to be in the Ivy League, so we’re glad to just get this win and move forward from here.”

On Tuesday this week, the Bulldogs continued their run of good form with a 9–6 victory over Providence. The Elis gave up the first goal of the game but answered right back with four of their own and never trailed again. The game featured another impressive performance from Dempster, who finished with four goals in only his second game back from an injury. The Bulldogs will look for him to continue his strong play tomorrow as they go for their second Ivy League win of the season.

Attacker Matt Gibson ’12 once again got the Bulldogs’ offense going in the win over Providence. The senior leads the team and is fourth in the Ivy League with 3.25 points per game and he added four more, including three goals, to his tally on Tuesday. Gibson also continued his effective play with Dempster, with his lone assist of the game resulting in a goal by the junior attacker. In last Saturday’s game the two connected three times for goals by Dempster. In order for the Bulldog offense to be successful against Dartmouth, the chemistry between these two will have to continue.

Tuesday’s win was important for the Elis because it showed the team it could win even when their primary faceoff specialist, midfielder Dylan Levings ’14, is not at the top of his game. The sophomore was ranked third in the country as of April 1, with a .657 winning percentage at the X. He struggled on Tuesday, winning only three of 10 contests, but midfielder Cole Yeager ’13 picked up the slack, winning five of his eight faceoffs.

The last time these two teams met, the Bulldogs prevailed, 9–7 at Reese Stadium, but the final score was not indicative of the way that the game was played. The Yale defense held the Big Green scoreless for 39 minutes and built a commanding six-goal lead midway through the fourth quarter. Yale dominated the possession battle, holding a 37–21 edge over the visitors in ground balls and winning 14 of 20 faceoffs.

Tomorrow’s game begins at 1 p.m. in Hanover.