The premiere of new HBO series “Girls”— which, in case you hadn’t heard, stars Allison Williams ’10 — is coming in less than two weeks. And the buzz for the show is getting big.

It’s had writeups in Hollywood Reporter, New York Magazine, The New York Times and Wall Street Journal, among others. And tonight, Williams herself will appear for an interview on the David Letterman Show, cementing her status as a minor celeb. Tune in tonight at 11:35 to see Williams, recently-jobless Keith Olbermann and musical guest “Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real.”

So how is “Girls” being received? In a piece that centers on the series’ director, writer and producer Lena Dunham, New York Magazine’s Emily Nussbaum called it “a bold defense (and a searing critique) of the so-called Millennial Generation by a person still in her twenties. It was a sex comedy from the female POV, taking on subjects like STDs and abortion with a radical savoir-faire as well as a visual grubbiness that was a statement in itself. It embraced digital culture, and daily confession, as a default setting.” She describes the show as an “FUBU: something for us by us.”

Most reviews are similarly positive, though Frank Bruni’s piece in the Times laments the show’s portrayal of young women as “The Bleaker Sex.” How bleak can it be? “Girls” premieres April 15.