After intensive training in Florida over spring break, the women’s tennis team had a clean 7–0 sweep against Quinnipiac yesterday.

The No. 26 women’s tennis team (11–3, 0–0 Ivy) faced Quinnipiac (3–7) as it prepares to begin Ivy League play. Until facing the Bulldogs, the Bobcats had not played any ranked teams this season, and Yale’s victory added to its 5-0 home record this season.

Yale dominated the match from the very beginning. The top-seed duo of Annie Sullivan ’14 and Elizabeth Epstein ’13 started off the match by winning with a score of 8-4. At the second seed. Amber Li ’15 and Vicky Brook ’12 defeated their opponents 8–4, and at the third seed, Sarah Guzick ’13 and Blair Seideman ’14 swept the match 8–0. (Seideman is a staff photographer for the News.) Winning all three games gave the Elis a doubles point heading into singles play.

The Elis maintained their upper hand in the singles competition. At the fourth seed, Sullivan walked away from the courts first with an impressive 6–0, 6–0 victory. With strong serves and forehands, sixth-seeded Li finished soon after Sullivan, winning one more point for Elis with scores of 6–0 and 6–1. The other four players also won by big margins, taking all the remaining points for the team.

“We had some specific things we wanted to work on today, and everybody did a good job doing those things,” head coach Danielle McNamara said. “Complacency was one of the things we wanted to focus on. It wasn’t a tough match, but we fought hard from start to finish.”

Seideman agreed that this match was valuable in sharpening the team’s aggressiveness. With the Ivy League season quickly approaching, the team viewed the match as practice to achieve the Ivy League title that they claimed last season, she said.

“I was glad to be back from spring break and anxious to get on the court again before going on the Ivy season,” Seideman said. “We are working on how to become a more aggressive team. That’s going to help us with the big matches in April.”

In addition to honing the team’s aggressiveness and attacking complacency, McNamara highlighted the importance of experimenting with different playing styles.

“After the next game with Rutgers, we will head right into the Ivy season,” McNamara said. “Hopefully we can repeat [the Ivy League Championship win from] last year.”

Bulldogs will face Rutgers on Friday at 3:30 p.m. in the Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center.