Yale sells. A new advertising campaign for Gant’s Yale Co-op shirt features real-live undergrads, modeling Gant clothing. With the campaign comes a video called “Campus Talks,” in which a number of students wax poetic about fashion and life at Yale.

Get ready for “Girls.” The new HBO series “Girls” — which stars Allison Williams ’10 as a 20-something public relations professional with her act together — is receiving rave reviews in advance of its premiere. It landed a major profile in New York Magazine on Monday, which said the show is “like nothing else on TV.” “Girls” debuts April 15.

Welcome, welcome. Melanie Maskin, formerly a librarian at Swarthmore College and Kenyon College, will join the library at the Center for Science and Social Science Information as its librarian for political science, international affairs, public policy and government information.

We have a winner. Michelle Bell, a professor of environmental health at the School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, has received the inaugural Prince Albert II de Monaco/Institut Pasteur Award. The award honors her research, which has focused on the ways air pollution and extreme weather contribute to mortality and affect health outcomes, in addition to the ways climate change could affect public health.

Yale’s not alone. Starting in the fall of 2012, Princeton University will prohibit its freshmen from attending events affiliated with fraternities and sororities — that means freshmen at Princeton will not be allowed to attend formal and semiformal events held by Greek organizations, in addition to rush events, according to a report from the Committee on Freshmen Rush Policy released Monday afternoon.

Another winner. Novelist Julie Otsuka ’84 has won the 2012 PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction for her novel, “The Buddha in the Attic,” the organization announced on Monday. The novel tells the story of Japanese picture brides brought to California from Japan in the early 20th century. In winning the award, Otsuka beat out Don DeLillo, Anita Desai, Russell Banks and Steven Millhauser.

Standing together. Little Owl, the wife of Iron Thunderhorse, the imprisoned leader of the Quinnipiac tribe, is planning for her tribe to sign a “Sacred Bond of the Covenant” with Occupy New Haven, the Independent reported.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1943 The University releases details on how students can expect the draft to proceed.