Self-improvement. A new Twitter account suggesting ways to improve Yale’s campus popped up this week. The account, @BestYale, is produced by a group of undergraduates calling themselves Undergraduates for the Best Yale College, or UBYC. The tweeters suggest we “make Wine Mondays school-wide,” “Install trampolines in college courtyards,” and “MICHELLE BRANCH FOR SPRING FLING.”

Madame Senator? Former Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz ’83, a candidate for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Joe Lieberman ’64 LAW ’67, was in town Tuesday night to speak to the Yale College Democrats.

Fishy. The New Haven Police Department responded to two reports of suspicious packages on Tuesday. One unattended backpack on Church Street near City Hall shut down traffic shortly before 6 p.m. Members of the NHPD’s Bomb Squad x-rayed the backpack and determined it posed no threat. A second report of a suspicious package near College and Chapel streets was a false alarm.

Renewed. In a Monday press release, New Haven officials announced that, for a second year, they would group schools into three different “tiers” based on their students’ performance. Schools in Tier III, the lowest, are subject to district intervention.

In charge. Kathryn Krier DRA ’07 will take over as the next head of the Office of Undergraduate Productions starting May 1. She is currently coordinating this semester’s Shakespeare at Yale program.

Got tix? Not yet. Students interested in cheering on the men’s basketball team against Harvard on Friday will have to wait until Friday morning to get their hands on tickets.Free student section tickets for the Harvard-Yale game will be made available at 9 a.m. on Friday and can be purchased at the Ray Tompkins House at 20 Tower Parkway.

What a girl wants. Two female sophomores have started a new blog called “By Yale Women For Yale Men” that hopes to explicate to Yale men exactly what women want, what women need and how to avoid being a huge dork around girls, whether the men are single or in a relationship.

A modern man. A kettle corn vendor operating on Elm Street is now accepting major credit cards.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1970 About 250 people turn out in spite of 20-degree temperatures to protest a proposed 5000-car garage on State Street, claiming it would exacerbate the city’s already dire pollution problem.