The Yale College Dean’s Office will require representatives of registered student groups and varsity teams to attend “leadership development” sessions at the end of January, Yale College Dean Mary Miller announced in a Tuesday morning email to students.

The leadership sessions will take place on the evenings of January 23, 24 and 25 and are mandatory for teams and registered student groups to remain in good standing, though Miller wrote in the email that leaders of unregistered groups are encouraged to attend as well. Each registered student organization will be required to send three officers to one of the sessions, and the captains and two other representatives of each varsity team must also attend.

The announcement of the leadership workshops comes after reports from the Task Force on Sexual Misconduct Education and Prevention this spring and from the Advisory Committee on Campus Climate this fall recommended that student leaders receive sexual misconduct prevention training.

The 75-minute workshops will focus on “effective leadership styles,” goal-setting and how to deal with instances of sexual misconduct and hazing, according to the email. They will include presentations from Miller, Provost Peter Salovey, Dean of Student Affairs Marichal Gentry and Director of Athletics Thomas Beckett, as well as from student affairs fellows Benjamin Flores and Hannah Peck, who help run this year’s new Communication and Consent Educators program.