The men’s and women’s squash teams swept their first non-scrimmage competition last weekend, sweeping both Franklin and Marshall and Haverford in Lancaster, Penn. Last Saturday, the women’s and men’s squash teams traveled to Pennsylvania to face Franklin and Marshall and Haverford.

The women’s team, last year’s national champions, won a 9-0 victory over Franklin and Marshall. Yale’s top-nine lineup was composed of Millie Tomlinson ’14, Kim Hay ’14, Rhetta Nadas ’12, Alexandra van Arkel ’12, Katie Ballaine ’13, Lilly Fast ’15, Aly Kerr ’12, Katie Harrison ’13, and Anna Harrison ’15. Yale won another 9-0 victory over Haverford, with Tomlinson and Hay sitting out and Constance Siebert ’14 and Carolyn Brown ’13 stepping in.

The No. 2 ranked men’s team also swept Haverford 9-0. Against the No. 8 Franklin and Marshall, the Elis won 6-3. Kenneth Chan ’13 won his five game match at the no. 1 spot for the Elis. John Roberts ’12, Ryan Dowd ’12, Neil Martin ’14, and Samuel Clayman ’12 swept the No. 4 through No. 8 spots.

Clayman said it was a great to play another school after training exclusively with teammates all fall.

“We knew going into the weekend that Franklin and Marshall was going to be a strong team,” Clayman said. “They are ranked eighth in the country and have had a couple of strong results against Ivy opponents. Our win ended up 6-3, but we can definitely put together a better match than we did,” Clayman said.

Clayman added it is the team’s goals to win both the Ivy league title and the national championships.

Both the women’s and men’s squash teams will continue play with home matches on Jan. 7.