Linebacker Wes Moyer ’12 had a standout season this fall on the football team, garnering 26 tackles and playing in eight games. Unfortunately, Moyer’s athletic career has been plagued by injuries. He tore his MCL against Princeton last weekend and dislocated his wrist at the start of his sophomore year. While Moyer will miss playing in his last game against Harvard, he will still play a role in helping the Bulldogs defeat their Crimson rivals. Moyer sat down with the News to discuss how he contributes to the team when injured and how the team is feeling going into the Game this Saturday.

Q: With all of your family in California, how did you end up at Yale?

A: At my senior high school no real colleges recruited. I made a five-game highlight film, and my dad sent it out to a bunch of schools. Making a highlight film and having my dad send it out is probably why I am here now.”

Q: Is it hard being so far from your family?

A: There are definitely some times that are harder than others. My older brother had a first daughter in September. I was stuck here so I haven’t been able to see her yet, so that’s been hard. But here, it’s just like having a family, so it’s not too bad.

Q: And the question every senior faces — what are you looking to do after graduation?

A: Still up in the air. I haven’t settled on anything yet. I know I want to head back home to the Bay Area after school”

Q: Okay, let’s get back to football. The team is coming off a big win over Princeton. How has the team been feeling this week?

A: We’re feeling great. We have a 24-hour enjoyment rule. Come Sunday night we have meetings. We are looking for the ‘W’ so we can celebrate extra long for the rest of winter break. That’s what we’ve all been putting our work into.”

Q: Injuries have plagued your past at Yale. How have you learned from your injuries?

A: You learn to just keep going. You’ll be hurt, but every day it will get better. When you come back, the rest of your body is strong enough to carry the injured part until it gets back.

Q: In the face of injuries, how do you still find ways to contribute to the team?

A: You go out there and try to be the sideline hype man. Keeping everybody hyped up. You have fun out there and cheer on the guys.

Q: What will your role look like against Harvard?

A: I probably won’t be able to talk afterwords. It’s hype man all the way.

Q: More than 50,000 people are expected to attend the game. How does the team prepare to play in front of this many people?

A: You get prepared pretty much the entire season. Everybody asks you about Harvard, everybody wants to know if you are going to beat them. By the time you get there you are ready.

Q: What would a win over Harvard mean to you?

A: That would be the greatest thing ever. If we rain on their parade a little bit, take a metaphorical poop in their punchbowl, that would be awesome. I’m excited to see what happens.