The Yale Daily News Magazine is thrilled to introduce our new website today. We have built it to reflect our dynamic print product and to showcase our unique content — long features, artistic photographs and illustrated fiction. We hope our readers, new and old, will find the site as appealing and accessible as we do.

Tomorrow, our first issue as editors hits newsstands. Like our website, the Magazine has been redesigned and reimagined. In it, you will find our cover story about a mathematics professor carrying out his best friend’s legacy while battling terminal cancer; features on Yale’s online startup culture and a student’s personal connection to New Haven’s history; essays, fiction and poetry. Look for us in your dining halls and your coffee shops.

We are indebted to Michael DiScala, our Web Developer, for the countless hours of design and coding he has put into our website. We would also like to thank Eli Markham, Rachel Needle, Baobao Zhang and Chris Peak for their support and vision throughout the design process.

The Magazine’s new web design is the first in a series of significant changes planned for the website this year. Today we also debut a number of subtle cosmetic changes to our homepage, designed to create a more fluid reading experience. Look for redesigned landing pages for each of the paper’s sections over the course of this year — the new WEEKEND website is slated to launch early next semester. For now, we are excited to provide you with a more engaged online experience. Happy reading!

Yours,

Max de La Bruyère, Editor in Chief

Danny Serna, Online Editor

Eliana Dockterman, Molly Hensley-Clancy and Nicole Levy, Magazine Editors