It’s that special day. Congrats, Yale! Tonight’s will be the Best Dinner Ever, according to the Yale College Council. Earlier this month students were invited to vote for their favorite Yale Dining specialties, and the results of that election will be in your dining halls for tonight’s dinner. Winners include hand-breaded chicken tenders, hand-formed cheeseburgers and Catalan bean salad.

It’s also Wenzel day, or it could be for a few lucky Yalies. Students began voting via Facebook “like” on pictures of Yalies holding Wenzels whimsically. The students in the photo that receives the most likes by Nov. 2 will receive one free Wenzel a week for the remainder of the academic year. As of press time, the leading photo had accrued 85 votes.

SNOW?! The forecast for much of New England this week includes the first snowfall of the season. New Haven is not currently projected to see snow, but could get a mix of rain and snow Saturday night — enough to break out the hot cocoa and bleak British dramas.

You go, James Bundy. James Bundy, dean of the School of Drama and artistic director of the Yale Repertory Theater, will receive the prestigious John Houseman award from The Acting Company on Nov. 14, the Company announced on Tuesday. Past recipients of the award include actress Patti LuPone and directors Jack O’Brien and Jeffrey Horowitz.

For a more civic Connecticut. Secretary of the State Denise Merrill on Wednesday released the first-ever index of Connecticut’s “civic health,” which found the Nutmeg State to be above the national average in terms of voter turnout, below the national average in terms of neighborliness, sixth highest in percent of population that donates to charities and 35th in percent who eat dinner with their families.

Calling all writers. The Theater Studies Department is now accepting unpublished, unproduced one-act plays written by undergraduates to be included in the 2012 Yale Playwrights Festival, to be held February. Submissions are due Nov. 28.

Oh, dear. A Berlin, Conn. man was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct in Middletown after he was found in a parking lot near Wesleyan University gutting a deer Monday afternoon, the Middletown Press reported. The man told police he was showing his sons how to properly dress a deer.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

2010 Beloved diner Copper Kitchen closes its doors after 40 years on Chapel Street.