Don’t cry for her, Argentina. The immortal Patti LuPone, a stage actress who has played Eva Peron in “Evita” and Reno Sweeney in “Anything Goes,” stopped by the Calhoun dining hall Friday to speak about her career, the entertainment industry and what makes for great theater. “If you cry and the audience cries, that is good. If you don’t cry and the audience cries, that is also good. If you cry and the audience doesn’t cry… that is not good,” LuPone said.

Let them eat (cup)cake(s). Katalina’s Bakery, a coffee and pastry shop on Whitney Avenue, fired up its ovens on Saturday. Katalina’s serves cupcakes, brownies and coffee, among other baked goods. On Sunday the bakery held a competition to choose which of five student-created recipes would be dubbed the “Yale Cupcake.” The winner was Paulina Haudong ’13, whose cupcake, “The Kick,” consists of “a dark chocolate cake base with a dash of cayenne and raspberry filling, topped with nutella frosting and white chocolate chips.”

… or fondue. A day before Katalina’s opened on Whitney, Chocopologie, a chocolate shop, opened on High Street. The store sells chocolates of flavors ranging from fresh mint to Turkish coffee, pistachio to lavender caramel. And yes, Chocopologie does sell fondue.

Leave the Lipstick Alone! Morse College Master Frank Keil warned Morsels about vandalism to the college’s beloved Lipstick statue in an email to the college community on Sunday. “It is hard to believe that a Morsel would repeatedly do such a thing given how much our community as a whole embraces this landmark sculpture,” Keil wrote in his email.

Come on, “Yaley babies.” Signs appeared in various off-campus locations over the weekend encouraging “Yaley babies” to “spray the Febreeze on yourselves,” and to stop “drinking their rich families’ Kool-Aid.” “99 percent of the American population can smell rats whenever you crawl around,” the sign reads. Ouch.

Postponed. A discussion with Provost Peter Salovey planned for Monday night at the Slifka Center was pushed to next month because Salovey’s furnace “blew out,” according to a Sunday night email.

The News, Yale Political Union and Yale College Democrats will co-host a debate between Ward 1 aldermanic candidates Sarah Eidelson ’12 and Vinay Nayak ’14 today at 7:30 p.m. in LC 102.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1962 William F. Buckley ’50 convinces the Yale Political Union to retract an invitation to a Communist speaker.