Superfans. By Thursday evening, Apple fanatics had already begun hunkering down in chairs outside the Apple Store on Broadway in anticipation of the Friday release of the new iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4S includes a number of new features, includng an app called “Siri” that responds to voice commands. “You can talk with the phone! You can tell it what to do; it can read your texts,” said Anthony Inguaggiato, an East Haven resident lined up outside the store. “You can ask it if you need an umbrella.”

In Pierson, it is safe to dance. Pierson Dean Amerigo Fabbri sent an email to his college Thursday night encouraging them to get enthused for this Saturday’s Safety Dance. “We can all agree that dancing is a lot of fun. Madonna’s song ‘Into the Groove’” is a good example of the power of dancing and its liberating, uninhibiting, ecstatic force,” Fabbri wrote in the email, which also encouraged students to celebrate in the “spirit of Safety,” which means without alcohol.

From flab to fab. Payne Whitney Gym’s director Duke Diaz announced in a Thursday email that the gym would soon begin offering personal training for all members. Participants can receive specialized training in weight loss, body sculpting or strength and conditioning.

Bringing back an art. The “Moveable Type Truck” that has been touring the nation made a stop on College Street Thursday afternoon. The Truck, which is the brainchild of Portland resident Kyle Durrie, houses a letterpress printer on which passersby can create and print their own cards and posters.

Guilty as charged. Joshua Komisarjevsky, a defendant in the brutal 2007 murders of a woman and her two daughters, was found guilty on all 17 counts Thursday afternoon, including six capital felony charges. Komisarjevsky’s death penalty hearing will begin Oct. 24 and will be in front of the same jury. Steven Hayes, Komisarjevsky’s accomplice, is already on death row for the crimes.

It’s that time again. Director of Student Health Paul Genecin reminded students that YaleHEALTH will offer flu shot clinics to keep students healthy as flu season begins. The first clinic will be held Monday at the School of Medicine.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1986 A group of 18 students, including Michael Morand ’87, were arraigned in Connecticut Superior Court after they were arrested and charged with first degree criminal trespass and disorderly conduct for a Sept. 22, 1986 protest at the Office of Investments.