Better bring your ID. A sign posted in some dining halls said that starting Oct. 3, “We can no longer punch in your SID #’s/ We are experiencing/ A number of fraudulent transaction with this process/ so we can no longer do this.”

Ladies: This Saturday in the Davenport dining hall is the UOFC “PINK!,” a kickoff dance for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. “Wear pink and jam to your favorite female artists from the past 50 years!” the poster reads.

Harvard sucks already. Though the Harvard-Yale game might be months away, a “Harvard Sucks” video is already underway. “The film follows Billy, a prefrosh who is trying to decide between Harvard and Yale,” said director Ryan Kline ’15. It will be released shortly before The Game, but there is a call for extras to participate this Saturday.

Hockey season is on the way. Yale was picked to finish first in its conference in both the ECAC media and coaches’ polls, which were released on Wednesday. And on Monday, Yale was ranked No. 8 nationally in the USA Today preseason poll and No. 9 in the USCHO.com poll.

Erotica. A poster spotted in the Thain Family Café solicited models for a “new Yale College erotica magazine.” According to the sign, if you appear clothed, you get $40 per shoot. Nude? $70.

While Yale posted a 21.9 percent endowment return for fiscal year 2011, Bloomberg reported that Cornell’s long-term investments gained 20 percent and Dartmouth saw slightly smaller investment returns at 18.4 percent, according to Dartmouth’s Office of Public Affairs.

Finally gone. The class of 2011 loses their @yale.edu accounts Oct. 3.

Don’t drink and drive. Two men were arrested on the corner Park and Chapel last night after their car rear-ended another vehicle. One witness said the men appeared intoxicated.

“Let the party begin.” Yale now recycles all types of plastic, including the #7 variety in Solo cups, according to a STEP flyer posted outside the Berkeley College Dining Hall.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1913 Law School Dean Henry Wade Rogers is confirmed by the Senate to the federal circuit bench, but says he will remain in his post for the school year.

YALE DAILY NEWS