Those who didn’t gain admittance to “Great Big Ideas,” the Yale College seminar co-taught by Provost Peter Salovey, now have another chance to work with him.

Yalies can apply to serve a one-year term as members of the inaugural Provost’s Undergraduate Advisory Committee, the Yale College Council announced in an email to students this morning. Those selected to participate will advise Salovey on issues relating to academic and student life.

The idea for the committee was originally floated by Salovey, YCC President Brandon Levin ’13 said in a Monday email, and will help the Provost’s Office “keep a pulse on student life.”

“Students will have the opportunity to raise issues that are affecting students,” Levin said. “Particularly because the committee will be comprised of two students from each year, it hopefully delve into grade-specific issues as well, from academic, cultural and social perspectives.”

Though Salovey has limited interactions with students in his current role, he worked with undergraduates more frequently during his four-year tenure as dean of Yale College, which ended in fall 2008. Levin said he thinks the new committee will once again increase the provost’s engagement with the student body.

The committee is looking for eight members, according to the YCC email.