Four men and four women on Yale’s track and field team have qualified for NCAA Regionals in Bloomington, Indiana, the qualifying meet for the national championship.

Kate Grace ’11 and Johnny Van Deventer ’11 have the best chances of advancing to the national championship, according to their seedings.

Van Deventer, who returned to the team this season after injuries kept him away from competition for three years, qualified in the 1500m race when he ran the second fastest indoor time in Yale history: a 3:43.34 performance last week at Swarthmore. He enters the regional with its seventh fastest time, and will have to finish in the top nine spots in preliminaries in order to advance to the final qualifying round for the national championship.

Grace, an All-American who has made the trip to nationals before, owns a 2:05.46 time in the 800m— the 10th-fastest time and only one second behind the fastest. She will have to finish among the top 24 runners in preliminaries to qualify for the national quarterfinal.

Annelies Gamble ’13, whose time is 45th fastest in the regional, will join Grace in the 800m preliminaries. The other two Eli women who have qualified for regionals are Nihal Kayali ’13 — who is ranked No. 26 in the 1500m — and Elizabeth Marvin ’13 — who is ranked No. 42 in the 5000m run.

On the men’s side, Matt Bogdan ’11, Nathan Richards ’12 and Mike Levine ’13 will join Deventer. Bogdan and Richards are seeded 21st and 30th in the 3000m steeplechase, respectively. Levin is ranked No. 19 in the discus.

Athletes had to post one of the top 48 times in the East region to qualify for Regionals. The meet will be held from May 26 to May 28.