The women’s lacrosse team will look to stop a two-game losing streak when it faces Columbia today in New York in a battle of league winless teams.

The Bulldogs (2–9, 0–4 Ivy) and the Lions (2–9, 0–4) have both struggled this season and are tied for last place in the Ancient Eight. While the two teams are looking for their first conference wins, Columbia will also still be seeking is first victory ever against the Elis.

Yale has a 14–0 all-time record against the Lions, including a 12–4 win last season. In that game, five players — midfielder Kristen Chapman ’13, attacker Caroline Crow ’12, midfielder/defender Kaitlyn Flatley ’11, midfielder Logan Greer ’11 and midfielder Devon Rhodes ’13 — each scored two goals.

This season, Rhodes and Crow have scored the most goals for the Bulldogs with 14 and 12 goals, respectively. Attacker Jen DeVito ’14 is close behind with 10. Despite the team’s losing record, there have been defensive bright spots as well. In Yale’s last game, against Princeton, goalie Whitney Quackenbush ’12 made a career-high 18 saves.

Rhodes said a win tomorrow would provide the team with a much needed morale booster.

“I hope the defense can play as strong as they have been and that the attack can execute their plays and capitalize on shot selection,” she said.

On Wednesday, Columbia broke a six-game losing streak when it defeated Lafayette, 13—11. Kacie Johnson and Taylor Gattinella lead the Lions’ attack with 27 and 21 goals, respectively. Other than Lafayette, Columbia has only won other game, a 13–11 victory over Iona in early March.

Following this week’s game, Yale has only two more conference games before the end of the season and is out of the running for an Ivy League title.

The game against the Lions is slated to begin at 4 p.m. on Friday.